Entrepalooza 2015: Entrepreneurship through a Kaleidoscope
September 25, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
League, 911 N. University, Ann Arbor
This year’s un-conference will focus on “Entrepreneurship through the Kaleidoscope,” and feature a keynote address from Katherine “Katty” Kay, lead anchor of BBC World News America and co-author of The Confidence Code. During her address, Kay will offer insight into what it takes to create and inspire the confidence needed to take the risks involved in entrepreneurship.
TED Talk-style presentations from a selection of Michigan’s most successful entrepreneurs:
Following a “un-conference” format, each speaker will encourage an interactive session, focusing on areas including angel investing, food and sustainability entrepreneurship, technology entrepreneurship and arts entrepreneurship. Aaron Dworkin, dean of the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre and Dance and founder and president of the Sphinx Organization, a national arts organization that focuses on youth and minority involvement in classical music, will kick off this portion of the program.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Aaron Dworkin, Dean, U-M SChool of Music, Theatre and Dance, and Founder and President, the Sphinx Organization
• Nate Aschenbach, co-founder, GameStart,
• Lisa McLaughlin, CEO and co-founder, Workit Health, MSI, MSW ‘08
• Jill Ford, special advisor to Mike Duggan, mayor of Detroit, MSI, MSW ‘08
• Mary Lemmer, CEO and co-founder, Scape, BBA ’10
• Justin DeLay, CMO and co-founder, Tempo IQ, MSI ‘12
For more information or to register to attend the event, please email email@example.com. To receive event updates or share your thoughts from the symposium, use hashtag #epalooza on Twitter.